Home Builders Scheme
Home > Buying > Home Builders Scheme
The HomeBuilder Grant
The HomeBuilder grant provides individuals and couples with $25,000 towards building or buying a new home or substantially renovating an existing home that they will own and occupy.
These criteria apply to all persons, whether applying as an individual or as part of a couple.
- You must not have previously received a HomeBuilder grant in any state or territory of Australia.
- You must be at least 18 years of age. (Companies and trusts cannot apply.)
- You must be an Australian citizen at the time you apply.
- Your 2018–19 or 2019-20 annual taxable income must be below:
- $125,000 for an individual or $200,000 for a couple.
- You will be the registered owner on the title after completion or settlement.
- The home will be your principal place of residence after completion or settlement.
- The contract is signed between 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020 to:
- buy an off-the plan or new home valued at $750,000 or less and construction had not started before 4 June 2020
- build a new home valued at $750,000 or less (house and land)
- substantially renovate an existing home, where
- renovations cost between $150,000 and $750,000
- value of property (house and land before renovation) is less than $1.5 million
For more information head to the QLD government website